Thursday, September 15, 2011

GOD Moves in a Mysterious Way--my current hymn

Having learned verses from Be Thou My Vision and Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, I'm now working on one that is unknown to me. God Moves in a Mysterious Way by William Cowper. I don't even recognize the melody so it's a struggle for this musically challenged girl to learn this one. Since I really don't sing well I don't sit down and formally teach these to the kids. But I do sing them as I do my house work and just from hearing me practice while folding the laundry or doing the dishes they pick it up. On occasion one of them will ask, "sing that Jesus song again" or I'll overhear one of them singing their version of the hymn while coloring in the next room. So they learn it just by living life with mom. My favorite way to teach!

Stanzas four and six are my favorite:

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense
But trust Him for His grace
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter
And He will make it plain.

1 comment:

Ashley Fisher :) said...

I love Be Thou My Vision and Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus!! Two of my favs!!!!! I hope ya'll are having a good week!