Wednesday, July 15, 2009

House on the Market and a desperate plea for help!

We put the house on the market last week and we have 4 showing requests this week (plus one coming back a second time). So we're the popular new kid on the block, so to speak. I'll be curious to see what comes of these showings. We were expecting to be on the market for several months, even into next spring, so if it goes this quick we'll have to scramble a bit to get things together to move. And then also figure out where we are going. I'm learning to trust God on a new level. I don't know what He has planned next for us, but we're going to follow the bidding on our hearts to become debt free and see where He leads us from there. Our prayer is to a farm in the area.

I have mixed feelings about moving. It's hard to believe we will ever be as happy somewhere else as we have been here! But I keep my focus on our goals which are two-fold: to become debt free and to find a farm house (or maybe an old church or barn) on some land. In the meantime, we hope to find a farmhouse in the area to rent while we're working on goal No. 1. and I figure that will give us some time to test drive being out in the country. So, here is the desperate plea for help: if you know of anything for rent in the country, please let us know.

Anyway, I have a clean house this week. I had to take pictures because just like an old penny, it really does shine up quite nicely! The kid's rooms:

Makenna's room.

Maddie and Maya's room.

Charlie's room.

3 comments:

Blah la Blah Blog Log said...

Look how good it looks! Great job. Hang in there, what is meant to be, will be.

Karen said...

And the quilts look good too! Poor Charlie, his Auntie hasn't made him a quilt yet.

1ofsix said...

I didn't take a picture of the quilt hanging arcoss from Makenna's bed in the blue room. It looks adorable when you first walk in!

And Charlie hasn't noticed so you've got time. ;-)