Monday, July 09, 2012

here

From a biography of Theodore Roosevelt I read this simple description of his mother:

She had "an unbound delight in being where she was and who she was."

delight, unbound

with where and who she was

I  have looked outside my domain and coveted other ministries, even the size and makeup of other families. Is that a weird thing to covet? 

I have battled the little voice that whispers, "it's not enough." 

I have divided my time to the point where I'm not really doing anything well. And when put all back together, I start dividing again.

Mary and Martha. One said, "Jesus is enough."

The other said, "why aren't you doing?"

Me being who I am and where I am. It's not random. God placed me here. He gave me a calling to die to my desires and pour out the love of the gospel here. Where I am. Who I am. Today. To this man and these babies and whoever else comes along.

here is where I learn to love Him more

here is where He teaches me to pour out that love

Jesus is enough, here

And we know that the death of a seed does not make the end of the life. A new life grows. Could the seed even imagine it? Could the seed even desire it?


This a daily prayer, a daily giving over.

The world is artful to entrap, 
approaches in fascinating guise,
extends many a gilded bait,
presents many a charming face.

Let my faith scan every painted bauble,
and escape every bewitching snare
in a victory that overcomes all things.

In my duties give me firmness, energy, zeal,
devotion to they cause,
courage in thy name,
love as a working grace,
and all commensurate with my trust.

Let faith stride forth in giant power,
and love respond with energy in every act. 
(from Valley of Vision, Faith and the World)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this. So so good. I'm glad you shared your blog with me. I absolutely LOVE Valley of Vision. It's one of those books I can't imagine living without...right after my bible!