I’m learning by heart the heart of God
and this is what calms my heart.
-Ann Volskamp
This morning I offer one more sow to the spirit challenge: [re]commit to memorizing scripture. I challenge you to set out to memorize scripture as a part of your daily study routine. I personally have learned that I must do this first. My personal method takes only a certain amount of time while the study portion takes an indeterminate amount of time. If I wait until after I study, the kids are up and the memory portion gets sacked. In addition, memorizing is hard work and I struggle with self-discipline. So for me, it's memorize first.
Everything to say about why we should memorize scripture has already been said. And better than I could say it. So this morning I give you some links for inspiration and and some practical links regarding the how to. And I challenge you to set aside time, pray for desire and self-discipline, and [re]commit to the daily practice of memorizing scripture.
An Approach to Extended Memorization of Scripture by Dr. Andrew Davis
A whole lot of scripture memory links from Desiring God
Charlotte Mason style memory system from Simply Charlotte Mason
No comments:
Post a Comment