Tuesday, November 01, 2011

three projects

I left the planning of Maya's party until the last minute but I think it turned out really sweet. After 12 years of cutting cake and dipping ice cream I decided it was too hectic and came up with another plan. We made 90 cake bites in strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla and served them with tea, coffee and warm cider. The bites looked so pretty on my MIL's layered stand. I didn't get a picture of the table but did get some pics of the baking and chocolate dipping process.

We also made a "happy birthday" banner from burlap and twine. The kids stenciled the letters and I sewed the burlap triangles to the twine with a zigzag stitch. I cut 36 triangles so I have extras for other banners. I'm planning to make "give thanks" next.

I found the idea for these cute initial bags on my friend's blog and had the supplies to make and use as library bags. So we made them at the party. The key is a dry brush and stencil adhesive (or any spray adhesive will work) to keep the edges of the doily secure while stenciling.




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The party was SO cute, and I just love the bag!