Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Events of a Fallish Nature
The Lord has been good to us this fall. With the help of family and friends, we have butchered one hog (with another ready this weekend), many rabbits, and more chickens than I can count. We harvested veggies and made spaghetti sauce for the freezer and we are blessed to have four mature apple trees on the lot that make wonderful cinnamon apple sauce and pie filling. These trees are an answer to prayer for this city girl who hoped to someday have a micro-orchard to tend. I now pray that we can learn to be better stewards of the resources that He has given us. Even so, in our inefficiency we have filled the freezer, fed our family and friends, and had plenty left over for the animals. I can't wait to see what the next growing season brings and what lessons we learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Gorgeous picture! Love your heart, your honesty, and your willingness to share your journey!
Post a Comment