This is raw, fresh milk from Kate the cow. My new friend brought me a sample, ice cold! If you look closely you can see the line separating the cream on the top from the skim milk below. The skim milk part has a slightly blue tint. I skimmed most of the cream off, but left a little to shake into the milk before drinking. I'm told you need a bit of the fat in the cream to help digest the good stuff from the milk--and it tastes so good! I never want to go back to store bought milk and I just love the idea of taking the miles out of our food. But I figured and re-figured the cost per gallon, considering there'd be the cream for butter and then buttermilk for baking, but dear husband says we just can't swing it right now. Do you know we drink 5-6 gallons of milk a week?
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Kate the Cow
This is raw, fresh milk from Kate the cow. My new friend brought me a sample, ice cold! If you look closely you can see the line separating the cream on the top from the skim milk below. The skim milk part has a slightly blue tint. I skimmed most of the cream off, but left a little to shake into the milk before drinking. I'm told you need a bit of the fat in the cream to help digest the good stuff from the milk--and it tastes so good! I never want to go back to store bought milk and I just love the idea of taking the miles out of our food. But I figured and re-figured the cost per gallon, considering there'd be the cream for butter and then buttermilk for baking, but dear husband says we just can't swing it right now. Do you know we drink 5-6 gallons of milk a week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just don't think I could do it. I know technically it is all the same thing. Mentally, it messes with me.
Post a Comment