Friday, November 28, 2008

It's A Wonderful LIfe

Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for.
I wanna be Mary Hatch Bailey (as played by Donna Reed in It's a Wonderful Life). Just listen to what she can do:

She can birth four children while completely restoring a run-down forgotten old house, and does a damn good job of it too.

She can organize a complete USO relief mission while managing those four children.

She can help her son spell "frankincense" while calmly watching her husband have a mental breakdown.

She knows how to make her wishes come true.

She can set events in motion and watch miracles happen.

And she does it all wearing pearls, a beautiful dress with a hand-tatted collar, and a lace trimmed apron.
What do you want, Mary? Do you want the moon? If you want it, I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down for you. Hey! That's a pretty good idea! I'll give you the moon, Mary.

2 comments:

GOFSIX said...

You are Mary Hatch.

GOFSIX said...

Oops! Of course I meant Mary Hatch Bailey:)