I don't really consider our family a "big" family until I use an entire 2 lb loaf of bread to make lunch and line the slices up on the counter (don't forget the one already in the skillet). About once a week I make a half white/half wheat 2 lb loaf of bread--this doesn't even come close to covering our bread consumption for the week when you consider it takes a whole loaf to make one meal--but we discovered one day that it makes the best toasted cheese sandwiches. I use the leftover ends to make homemade croutons. Waste not, want not.
Friday, September 05, 2008
Toasted Cheese Sandwiches
I don't really consider our family a "big" family until I use an entire 2 lb loaf of bread to make lunch and line the slices up on the counter (don't forget the one already in the skillet). About once a week I make a half white/half wheat 2 lb loaf of bread--this doesn't even come close to covering our bread consumption for the week when you consider it takes a whole loaf to make one meal--but we discovered one day that it makes the best toasted cheese sandwiches. I use the leftover ends to make homemade croutons. Waste not, want not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment