On Thursday I took Remi to the vet and paused long enough for her to sit before opening the door, glanced at the bulletin board to my left and saw a flier for Great Dane pups. I hastily grabbed a slip of paper with the number of the owners and shoved it in my purse. I forgot about it until Sunday.
Sunday rolls around and I mention this to Steve. He raises an eyebrow. I say, casually, "Do you want me to call. You know, just to look?" So I call.
In the meantime we stop by his uncle's house to help him move some furniture and I mention that we're going to go look at some Great Dane pups. Well, they had already made the same call I did, so we all went together.
We came home with these.
Ours is the one on the right, his name is Justice. There's (Steve's uncle's) is the one on the left, her name is Grace. After having Lola in the house I thought maybe we could love and care for one more. To my surprise, Makenna and Madison have claimed him as their pup. It's pretty cool to see them taking nearly all the responsibility for his care (they just cleaned up puppy poop without my prompting). Except Steve and I get night duty. I think that's fair enough.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. I wish you had called us!!!!! Long story.
Post a Comment